Registrar’s Office

meta-content related to enrollment services

How do I access BannerWeb?

  1. In Banner Webclick Continue, then click on: Enter Secure Area
  2. Login: Enter your Social Security Number - e.g., 999999999 - or your Alfred State Student ID Number (begins with 800), and your login PIN.

First Time Users

Login to Banner Web using your student ID #, which begins with 800. If you do not know this, you can use your SS#. Your student ID # and initial PIN will be sent to you after applying to Alfred State. It will be mailed to the address listed on your application.

After you enter your user ID and PIN, you will be asked to create a new login PIN (six characters, alpha, numeric digits, or a combination of both.) This screen will ask you to re-enter your initial PIN (which is randomly generated) and then enter your new six-character PIN, and to verify your new PIN. Click on Login.

Returning Users

Use the login PIN number you created the first time you used the system. If you have forgotten your PIN, enter your User ID (Social Security # or your 800 Student Number), and click on Forgot Pin. Your self-established hint question will appear. When you answer this question correctly, Banner Web will allow you to reset your PIN. Please remember your response to your hint question is case sensitive.

NOTE: WHEN CREATING YOUR NEW LOGIN PIN, BE SURE TO MAKE IT: 1) easy to remember, and 2) a six-character alpha-numeric PIN. The feature requiring you to submit a self-established hint question and answer will assist you if you forget your PIN in the future.

How do I access my grades on BannerWeb?


Final Grade Reports for registered students will be available by going online to BannerWeb. Students wishing to review their grades and/or print out hard copies of them must use this system, as grades will not be distributed or mailed to their homes by the Student Records and Financial Services Office. Grades will generally be available online the day after grades are due from the faculty.

Access Your Grades on BannerWeb

  • Go to BannerWeb.
  • Select Continue.
  • Select Enter Secure Area.
  • User ID: Enter your social security number or 800#.
  • Enter your PIN.  If you forgot your PIN, you may contact the Help Desk (607) 587-HELP.
  • Select Student Services & Financial Aid.
  • Select Student Record.
  • You can look up midterm or final grades by semester.

How do I obtain enrollment verification?


If you are in need of enrollment verification (different than your academic transcript), you may complete and return the verification of enrollment form. Enrollment verification only provides date(s) of the term(s) the student attended or is attending, and will show whether or not the student was/is full-time or part-time.

Alumni & Friends: 

If I have attended another college, can I transfer my credits to Alfred State?


In many cases, students are able to transfer credits. You are expected to provide an official transcript from any prior college attendance. This transcript will be evaluated by personnel from the Student Records and Financial Services Office and academic department chairs as appropriate. Information will be provided as to what credits transfer. Please refer to our online transfer manual.

Future Students: 

Is a physical examination required?


A physical examination is required for a student to participate in final registration. If the student has not submitted the health form (which will be sent in the acceptance folder) he/she will not be allowed to register. It is strongly recommend that the student get his/her physical examination. If the student loses the health form, have him/her contact the Admissions Office at (607) 587‑4215 or 1-800-4-ALFRED.

How do I change my major?


In order for an applicant to change his or her major, he/she should contact the Admissions Office in writing to request a curriculum change. The application will then be reviewed, and the student will be notified of the decision. Continuing students who wish to change their majors must see their advisers and complete paperwork with the academic department chairs. Per academic regulations, such changes must be processed by the end of the fourth week of classes for the current semester. Changes after the fourth week will be effective for the subsequent semester depending on the student's academic standing.

What is the average required for the Dean's List?


The Grade Point Average (GPA) required for both Alfred and Wellsville campuses is 3.5.

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

How do I track the progress that I am making towards fulfilling my degree requirements?


Degree evaluations can be viewed online through the secure area of BannerWeb for students. Click on Student Services/Financial Aid, then on Student Records and then Degree Evaluation. Any questions concerning your academic progress should be directed to your adviser or department chairperson.

I lost my diploma, how do I have it replaced?


You must send a signed letter requesting a replacement diploma and include a fee of $25 made payable to SUNY Alfred College.  Please allow 4-6 weeks for receipt of the diploma as we have to special order these.

How do I obtain a copy of my Alfred State transcript?


Your academic transcript is composed of all credit-bearing coursework you attempted or completed at Alfred State as well as any degree(s) conferred. If you plan to attend another college after leaving Alfred, or if you are a high school student applying to colleges other than Alfred State, do not forget to submit a signed request to have your transcript sent to your new college.

Request Your Transcript Using BannerWeb

If you were enrolled in 1974 or later, you may request your transcript using your BannerWeb account (click on Continue, then click on Enter Secure Area). Log into your account, select Student Services and Financial Aid, select Student Record, and then select Request Printed/Official Transcript. Use the look up feature to select the institution you wish to send your transcript to, OR click on Continue to enter the name and address of the recipient yourself. Be sure to select submit when you are done. You may also view the status of your transcript requests. Your transcript will be printed on the next business day if you have requested that it be sent immediately. The Student Records and Financial Services Office will seal and mail the transcript at that time.

Request Your Transcript from the Student Records and Financial Services Office

If you are unable to request your official transcripts using BannerWeb, you may request your transcript by going to the Student Records and Financial Services Office or you can print and fill out a Transcript Request Form to mail to the Student Records and Financial Services Office. Also, you can mail or fax a signed letter requesting that the Student Records and Financial Services Office send your transcript. We do not accept any phone or e-mail requests due to security considerations. There is NO FEE for this service.

Mail your request to:

Alfred State
Attention: Student Records and Financial Services Office
10 Upper College Drive
Alfred, NY 14802

Our fax number is (607) 587-3287.

If you mail or fax your request, the following information is required:

  1. Name (include maiden name if married)
  2. Social security number
  3. Mailing address and phone number where you can be reached in case we have any questions in processing your request
  4. Years you attended Alfred State
  5. Address or the fax number where your transcript is to be sent
  6. Your written signature

Be aware that faxed transcripts are generally considered "unofficial". Usually it takes about 2 - 3 working days for your request to be processed. Please allow two weeks to process your requests during registration and final grade periods.

If you want final grades for the semester you are currently enrolled in to be included, you must note to have the transcript sent at the end of the semester. Requests for FINAL transcripts can be made any time prior to the end of the current semester.

Remember - The Student Records and Financial Services Office will not send transcripts without the student's signature each time one is requested. Also, the Student Records and Financial Services Office cannot release copies of a student's transcripts from other institutions. Students must request these directly from the schools they have attended. You may obtain/print unofficial copies of your transcript from BannerWeb.

Note - If you have any financial obligations with Alfred State or you have not returned all equipment or supplies borrowed from the College, such as library books, athletic equipment, etc., your transcripts will be held until these obligations have been cleared.


Subscribe to RSS - Registrar’s Office