BBA Degree - Code #0182
Dr. Cliff McPeak, Program Coordinator
Email address: email@example.com
The sports industry requires a great variety of people with expertise in business. To meet this growing need, the Business department at Alfred State is offering a sport management program resulting in a Bachelor of Business administration (BBA) degree. A student will enter as a freshman and graduate in four years with a BBA degree, focusing on sport management. This course of study is designed to produce graduates ready to contribute in the areas of administration, marketing, sales, fund development, finance, event promotion and management, communication, and facility management, innovation and development.
This program includes a specialization in marketing and event promotion. Each student will participate in field experiences during the second year and a full-semester internship in the senior year.
A laptop computer is required for students entering this degree program. Laptop specifications are available at www.alfredstate.edu/required-laptops.
PROGRAM STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate technical competence in domestic and global sport businesses through the study of major disciplines within the field of sport management and business.
- Define, research, analyze, and create solutions for sport management and business problems and issues by using critical thinking and decision making skills for evaluating data, information and materials.
- Apply software, technology, and information systems in contemporary sport management operations and business.
- Develop the critical thinking skills of creating and managing innovation and new development in sport management and business by working effectively in teams.
- Analyze complex sport management and business issues and communicate findings through a coherent written and oral presentation.
- Analyze the strategic management process in relation to the current environment in sport management and business, and identify specific trends and strategies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethics, government regulations, and the legal system and how each applies to sport management and business.
- Apply mathematical reasoning to obtain accurate results in solving problems.
- Account Sales
- Recreation Service Industry
- College Athletic Departments
- Sport Marketing Firms
- Sport Event Promotion Firms
- Professional Sport Organizations
- Ticket Sales
- Olympic Organizations
- City Sport Corporations
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (Transfer)
- Business Management (Career)
- Financial Planning (BBA)
Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2/ Trigonometry, SAT and/or ACT scores with a recommended combined SAT score of 1,000 (critical reading and math) or a composite ACT score of 21