Drafting/CAD: Model Building & Process Piping Drawing
AOS Degree – Code #0419
Karen M. Young, Program Coordinator
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Process piping is a specialized area of drafting which uses a language of its own to transmit necessary information for the construction of a project. To achieve this, each student gains the necessary understanding of piping processes for industries such as petroleum distillation, air separation, paper pulping, and chemical processes.
PROGRAM STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Demonstrate proper visualization in various views of three-dimensional object by producing a multi-view drawing.
- Identify, select and apply the sectional view that is appropriate to show interior features for dimensioning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of manufacturing processes, shop terminology and machine operations.
- Calculate and apply tolerancing and the relationship between mating parts on assembly drawings.
- Through calculation, select various appropriate purchased parts for diverse applications.
- Apply the current welding processes and generate weldment drawings using industrial standards.
- Illustrate various exploded isometric drawing methods using standard technical practical applications.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the fundamentals of architectural drafting to complete a set of drawings.
- Solve practical drafting-related problems using accepted mathematical applications.
DIRECT ENTRY INTO BACCALAUREATE DEGREE PROGRAM
Alfred State drafting/CAD: model building and process piping drawing graduates may enter directly into the technology management BBA degree program.
- Pressure Vessel Designer
- Sales Representative
- Field or Service Engineer
- Structural Detailer
- Process Technician
- Drafting Manager
- Process Piping Drafter
- CAD Drafter
- Piping Designer
- Controls Drafter
- Parts Analysts
Employment and transfer rate of 100 percent – 88 percent are employed; 12 percent transferred to continue their education.
Architectural Engineering Technology
Mechanical Design Engineering Technology
A laptop computer is required for students entering this program. Laptop specifications are available at www.alfredstate.edu/required-laptops.
Applicants in any of the drafting/CAD programs must meet the following physical requirements:
- Must be able to visually read computer monitor or laptop.
- Must be capable of using digitizing equipment.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination to operate the above.