Civil Engineering Technology Department
Jeffrey K. Marshall, Chair,
Phone: 607-587-4649; firstname.lastname@example.org
The Civil Engineering Technology Department offers a bachelor’s degree program in construction management engineering technology, as well as an associate degree program in construction engineering technology. Additionally, it offers associate and bachelor’s degree programs in surveying engineering technology.
Provide graduates with the skills necessary to have a successful career in their chosen field, have a better understanding of the world we live in, and improve their own lives.
- Construction management laboratory – This lab is equipped with 20 computer work stations in conjunction with appropriate estimating software and hardware to digitize quantities from drawings and work up estimates with minimal manual input. Software commonly used for project scheduling and planning is also used with the computers in this facility to develop PERT and CPM charts. Construction project administration software is also used in this lab.
- Soils, concrete, and material testing laboratory – This lab provides a meaningful experience in laboratory and field testing of various construction materials and structural systems. The equipment enables students to learn procedures that meet recognized field testing procedures of the American Concrete Institute (ACI) and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM).
- Hydraulics laboratory – This lab is equipped to offer students an applied as well as theoretical approach to the study of hydraulic problems encountered in civil engineering technology and the construction industry.
- Surveying computations laboratory – The surveying computations lab contains microcomputer workstations, plotters, digitizers, and overhead projection systems. It is designed to support the 'field-to-finish' concept of surveying data collection, data reduction, and analysis as well as computer-aided drafting and design. Students use this facility to work with land development and design software, geographic information system software, and the reduction of satellite data. This lab enables students to do word processing, spreadsheet analysis, programming, data analysis, networked computer-aided design and drafting, and advanced 3D modeling.
- Surveying laboratory and equipment room – The surveying lab serves as the basic laboratory/lecture area for surveying field/design projects. Adjacent to this lab is the room housing a myriad of equipment, including electronic total stations, global positioning satellite equipment, theodolites, transits, and levels.
Please note: Students are required to have laptops. The laptops allow students wireless access to the college network from any location on campus.
Construction Engineering Technology (AAS)
Construction Management Engineering Technology (BS)
Surveying Engineering Technology (AAS)
Surveying and Geomatics Engineering Technology (BS)