Transfer Students

Students who have attended other colleges following high school graduation, either full- or part-time, are classified as transfer students and may receive advanced standing. In addition to completing the SUNY application and providing an official high school transcript, transfer students must submit official transcripts. These transcripts should be sent to the Alfred State Admissions Office at the time of application. It is recommended that students who have completed college-level course work during high school submit official transcripts so that appropriate transfer credit may be awarded.

Parallel and equivalent courses passed at a grade C or above will be given transfer credit on approval of the department chair in whose department the course is registered. Credit may be given for courses passed with a grade of C- if the overall index of the courses being transferred remains at C or higher. Only credit hours and honor points earned at this college will be considered when computing a student’s index.