Smart Things to Do During Winter Break
It is hard to believe it is the final day of classes for the fall semester. Congratulations students and best of luck on your finals.Here are some tips to help you make the most of your Winter Break:
- Find a "Winternship" - landing a winter break job is a great thing to add to your résumé and pump up your job search in the future.
- Start looking for your summer internship (if you haven't already). Many internships are competitive or have early deadlines. Don't miss out on a good one by waiting too long.
- Update (or create) your résumé. Now is the perfect time to get your résumé together and ready for upcoming on-campus recruiting. Check with your Career Office to see if they offer online résumé resources. Alfred State College students should definitely check out our customized OptimalRésumé site!
- Gather up your professional attire to pack for your return. You will want to have your professional clothing on-campus so that you are ready for the career fair and that on-campus interview (and not having to drive home or go shopping during the hectic spring semester).
- Relax! Take some time to enjoy the things you haven't had time to with your busy class and finals schedule....things like a beautiful sunset. Take care of yourself and rejuvenate.
Wishing you a joyous holiday season and wonderful winter break from Career Development!