Congratulations graduates! Here is a New Grad Care Package for you!
Congratulations on your graduation and your accomplishments at Alfred State College!
If you already know what you’re going to do after graduation, I would like to wish you the very best in your career or continuing education journey. Remember that career development is here to help you in the future if you need assistance.
I would like to send you off with a “care package” to take along on your continuing journey:
- You’ve graduated so what’s next?
- Know the truth & don’t fall for the 10 biggest job searching myths. Know the 10 new rules in the job search.
- Haven’t found a job yet? JobLink is your source for jobs posted for ASC students/alums. This great resource is available to you after you graduate too! JobLink
- …and for more job postings, Simply Hired created a new search engine for new grads
- Not sure if you have chosen the right path CareerBeam can help!
- Here are four things every senior/grad needs to do,
- Not sure what to include on your résumé?
- Networking is the key in your job search. Here’s a great example of a networking letter and how to name drop and network successfully.
- Get ready for the interview weird questions and learn how to make the best first impression (video).
- Check out the one stop job shop
- See the complete listing of excellent resources
- Make sure your online presence is not hurting you.
- Got a job offer? Great! Here is how to evaluate the offer & how to evaluate the salary and other factors.
If you don’t know what your next step is, know that career development is always here to help you. The Alfred State College Career Development page has many resources.
Please take a few minutes to complete the graduate survey if you haven’t completed it already. Your input is vital to our annual Employment & Transfer Report. You will receive requests to complete the survey in the future so that we have the most up-to-date information about your employment or transfer information. We appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey.
To complete the graduate survey click HERE (it will take you to banner) or go to https://bannerweb.alfredstate.edu/banprd/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin
Then enter your username and PIN → click on Student Services & Financial Aid → click on Graduate Survey
Want to know what the previous graduating classes did? Where they found jobs or transferred to? Find out by looking at our Employment & Transfer Reports (scroll down to the bottom of the page).
I hope you find these bits of wisdom helpful. Please do not hesitate to contact career development if you need help along the way. When you create an account on Joblink you will be connected to our Career Fairs and other recruitment events (you are invited to attend all ASC Career Fairs).
Wishing you the best!