- Contact Alumni Relations
- Alumni Council
- Upcoming Alumni Events
- Alumni News
- Alumni Benefits
- Opportunities for Involvement
Distinguished Alumni Award
The Distinguished Alumni Award was created in 2005 to recognize an alumnus/alumna whose achievements and recognition have reflected honor on his/her alma mater, chosen field, community, or region.
The criteria for the Distinguished Alumni Award are:
- The recipient must be an alumnus/alumna of Alfred State, and has made significant contributions in his/her chosen field.
- The recipient has exhibited current or past service to the Alfred State community.
- The recipient has exhibited current or past service to his/her community or region.
- The recipient has demonstrated an understanding of the importance of maintaining current knowledge in his/her field, and has used that knowledge or skills to contribute to his/her community or civic organizations.
Nominations, including a one or two page summary of nominee, are accepted from alumni, faculty, and friends of Alfred State. The deadline for nominations is May 31, 2011. The Nominating Committee of the Alumni Council, together with the director of alumni relations, representing the Alfred State Alumni, will recommend each year's recipient. The director of institutional advancement will make a final recommendation to the president of Alfred State for his/her acceptance.
For additional information, please contact the Alumni Relations Office at (607) 587-3931.