Alumni Council Faculty and Staff Awards
Alfred State is extremely fortunate to employ some of the finest faculty and staff around. We take great care to be certain their on-going hard work, commitment, and dedication to our students’ success is always properly recognized and honored.
The college’s Faculty/Staff Recognition Luncheon is an annual celebration held at the conclusion of each academic year to recognize the faculty’s and staff’s contributions to the mission of the college.
The Alumni Council exists to enhance the engagement of the college’s alumni for their enjoyment and to support Alfred State’s efforts in student recruitment, career placement, and fundraising. This award was established to honor faculty and staff with 3-10 years of service to the college, who portray the qualities and contribute to the mission of the college as outlined in the strategic plan.
Recipient must possess or exhibit criteria from three of the five areas listed below:
- Promote academic excellence and a scholarly environment.
- Improve teaching and learning infrastructure.
- Improve recruitment, retention, & development of outstanding & diverse faculty & staff.
- Develop & implement assessment & continuous improvement processes.
- Continue program & curriculum development.
- Create a climate that supports both a two- and four-year campus culture.
- Ensure the financial stability of the college.
- Maximize revenue sources.
- Enhance effective procedures for budget control & oversight.
- Achieve optimal student enrollment and retention.
- Determine optimal student enrollment goals.
- Develop a strategic enrollment plan, including recruitment & retention.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Enhance the appearance, safety, and functionality of campus facilities.
- Develop & implement a facilities master plan with campus-wide input.
- Develop & implement a Campus Beautification Plan.
- Reduce our carbon footprint.
- Support and challenge faculty, staff, and students as they grow personally and professionally.
- Create a more vibrant community.
- Integrate the core values & beliefs of the College into policies & operating practices.
Guidelines, Nomination and Selection of Award Recipient(s)
Nominations are accepted from any source and are sought annually from the college’s alumni, faculty, staff and students.
To nominate an individual for this award, please submit:
- Alumni Council Faculty and Staff Nomination Form.
- A letter citing specific reasons why the individual is deserving of this award.
All nominations and materials will be submitted to the director of alumni relations, Huntington Administration Building. The nomination will be reviewed by the Alumni Council Awards committee and all qualified nominees will be contacted and requested to provide the following documentation.
- Two to three letters of support. One letter must be from the applicant’s supervisor
- Narrative from applicant identifying how criteria is met.
Application Process and Deadline
- Nov. 15 - Feb. 15 - Nominations accepted
- March 1 - Qualified nominees notified
- April 1 - Deadline for nominees to submit required documents
- May 1 - Recipient(s) notified
- Annual Recognition Luncheon - Recipient(s) presented with award
Presentation of Award
Recipients will be recognized with a certificate and plaque acknowledging the accomplishment and their name will be placed on a larger plaque located in the Student Leadership Center.