- Be part of the 99%
- Request Info
- Academic Programs
- How to Apply
- Future Students
- Application Status
- Admissions Forms
- Contact Admissions
- Visit Us
- Freshman Profile
- Housing Info
- Security Report
- Meet the Student Ambassadors
Transfer Student Application Process
Students who have attended other colleges following high school graduation, either full or part-time, are classified as transfer students and may receive advanced standing.
Additional Info & Requirements for Transfer Applications
- In addition to completing the SUNY application, you will need to provide an official high school transcript and official transcripts of ALL previous college work. These transcripts should be sent at the time of application to: Alfred State Admissions Office, 10 Upper College Drive, Alfred, NY 14802. Note - please ensure that your current name is included on transcripts if your name has changed.
- Applicants with a gap of more than six months in their educational experiences need to supply information on what they did during that time. This information can be submitted using the Educational Gap Form.
- Students who have completed more than one semester of college level coursework are ineligible for the undeclared major and must apply for a degree-granting program.
- Transfer applicants applying under the NYS Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) must possess the same academic credentials as required for regular transfer students. In addition, EOP transfer applicants must have been enrolled in an EOP, HEOP, or SEEK program at their previous college(s).
If you have questions about how to transfer to Alfred State, please contact the Admissions Office.