International Student Application Process
Complete all steps below. Recommended deadline dates are May 15 for an August start, or October 15 for a January start. Print off all forms and mail originals to:
Alfred State, SUNY College of Technology
Admissions – International
Huntington Administration Building
10 Upper College Drive
Alfred, NY 14802-9951 U.S.A.
- International Application Form (pdf)
- Submit evidence of financial support, including:
- The International Student Financial Statement/Form FSA-4 (pdf); and
- An official bank statement (copies are not acceptable) on bank letterhead. The bank statement must indicate that the applicant or sponsor has sufficient funds to pay for the first year of study in the United States.
- Official transcripts
- Matriculation certificates
- Mark sheets and/or diplomas
- Academic records must be official. A photocopy or a fax of a record without a fresh ink signature is not considered official. If the transcripts are not in English, have them translated into English and notarized/certified.
Once an international student is accepted, an I-20 form is mailed with the acceptance letter to allow the student to apply for a student visa.
Note: See the International Student Application Checklist for help with the application process.
You will also find the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement page helpful. It has answers to questions about applying to college, paying the SEVIS fee, and applying for a visa.