- Be part of the 99%
- Request Info
- Academic Programs
- How to Apply
- Future Students
- Application Status
- Admissions Forms
- Contact Admissions
- Visit Us
- Freshman Profile
- Housing Info
- Security Report
- Meet the Student Ambassadors
Information for Accepted International Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to Alfred State! Ranked in the Top 25 Regional Colleges in the North by U.S. News and World Report (2013), Alfred State is a proven value. Please complete the following steps prior to your enrollment and arrival:
- Set up your Alfred State e-mail account and BannerWeb account. Students must check their Alfred State email account on a regular basis for important updates from the College. Directions for setting up both accounts are included in your acceptance packet. You must set up your Alfred State email account in order to receive your BannerWeb PIN number.
- Pay your acceptance deposit within thirty (30) days of your acceptance. Your due date is listed on your “Deposit Instructions/Refund Policy” sheet included in your acceptance packet. Please refer to the deposit refund policy listed on the back. Should you not receive a visa, the deposit is fully refundable. Deposits may be paid online through BannerWeb or through peerTransfer.
- Pay SEVIS I-901 Fee. Form I-901 may be found at www.FMJfee.com. Proof of fee payment must be presented at the visa interview.
- Schedule a visa interview and apply for the F-1 visa. You may wish to visit http://www.usembassy.state.gov and http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html to locate the consulate or embassy near you and for more information on the visa process. Be sure the spelling and format of your name matches your passport.
- If you have completed university/post-secondary credits outside the United States and would like transfer credit, complete a credential evaluation: Please see our international transfer students page for more information on transferring your university-level coursework completed outside the United States.
- Complete health form (found in acceptance packet and includes Meningitis response form and immunization records) by you and your doctor and return the form to: Health Center, TA Parish Hall, Alfred State, 10 Upper College Drive, Alfred, NY 14802 USA
- Register for Classes: When your deposit has been paid, the Coordinator of International Student Programs, Tricia Herritt, will contact you via email regarding registering for classes. Registration starts in May for students beginning their studies in August and in November for students beginning their studies in January. You will work in consultation with Tricia and your academic advisor to register for classes. If you have any questions, please contact Tricia at HerritTL@alfredstate.edu.
- Pay your semester bill. Bills are available online in July for the August semester and the middle of November for the January semester. You must pay your bill by the due date (August 9 for the August semester or January 4 for the January semester) or else your courses will be dropped. Your bill information may be seen in BannerWeb. Directions for paying online are on BannerWeb. Payment can be made by:
- Online credit card payment (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover cards are accepted)
- Check, money order (in U.S. dollars), or traveler’s check made out to Alfred State with a signed copy of the bill.
- Wiring payment from your bank to Alfred State using the secure peerTransfer service.
- General questions regarding the bill can be directed to the Student Records & Financial Services Office at email@example.com.