Campus Spending Account
All About Campus Spending Account (CSA)
CSA is a debit account that you can access with your student ID card. Just like any debit account, it allows you to make purchases on campus and at select off-campus partners without having to carry cash. It is a great money management tool for college.
CSA is available to every student. It appears as a fee on your student bill. You may change the amount, increase or decrease it, or delete it totally from your bill. The amount that appears on your bill each semester is a rough estimate of what the average student may need. Some students in certain curriculums will need much more, some less. You can add money to your account online at any time. Others can make deposits in your account after you have logged in for the first time and if you give them your 800 number.
CSA can be used at any campus store or dining facility on campus. These funds are great for textbooks and supplies from the Campus Store.
Your account information is loaded onto your Campus ID card, then a quick swipe through a cash register pays for purchases.
Your CSA can also be used to purchase items like:
- Anything from the Campus Store
- Food from any on-campus dining location
- Vending machine items
- Food, meals, gasoline, and other items from participating Campus Partners.
Cool Things to Know About CSA
- Like Dining Dollars, the CSA works like a debit card.
- Each semester, $550 for CSA is recommended on the tuition bill to cover things like books, food, vending purchases, and entertainment.
- The amount can be increased in $50 increments or completely deleted from your bill.
- Unused CSA balances are rolled into the next semester until the end of the academic year.
- If you have an account balance of more than $20 and as long as you do not owe the College money, unused CSA funds will be reimbursed at the end of the spring semester.
- Accounts are activated a few days before classes start each semester. After the activation date, you cannot get a refund on the amount until the end of the spring semester. If you have money left over at the end of the fall semester, that money is still available to you for the spring semester.
- Students can monitor their spending and add money to accounts using Apple mobile devices. Download Blackboard Transact from the App Store.
Add Money to a CSA
Students and their friends and family can add money to a CSA online at any time. You must know your student's ID number to add money online -- and your student must login to their account at least once before you can add money as a guest. Call the Computer Help Desk for assistance (607) 587-4357 if you have trouble logging on. To use a credit card to make a deposit, please call the ACES Business office at (607) 587-4064. You can always make cash deposits in the ACES Business Office during regular office hours.
Auxiliary Campus Enterprises and Services, Inc. (ACES) is a not-for-profit corporation that supports the mission of Alfred State College by providing dining services, campus bookstores, telecommunications, transportation and vending services to Alfred State College students.