- Academic Programs
- Course Descriptions Index
- Academic Departments
- Agriculture and Veterinary Technology
- Architecture and Design
- Automotive Trades
- Building Trades
- Business Department
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer & Information Technology
- Computerized Design & Manufacturing
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Media and Animation
- Electrical Trades
- English & Humanities
- Individual Studies
- Mathematics & Physics
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Technology
- Physical & Life Sciences
- Orientation for HIT and Coding & Reimbursement Specialist Students
- Biological Science - Student Required Supply List
- Coding and Reimbursement Specialist - Student Required Supply List
- Environmental Technology – Student Required Supply List
- Forensic Science Technology – Student Required Supply List
- Health Information Technology – Student Required Supply List
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Regulations
- College Catalog
- Academic Hall of Fame
- High School Challenge Program
- Certification Center
Orientation for Health Information Technology and Coding & Reimbursement Specialist Students
Online students in Health Information Technology and Coding & Reimbursement Specialist are required to participate in an online department orientation program. The orientation will provide you with information essential to your success, class registration assistance, and you will meet your virtual classmates. You will also learn about resources used by online students, the Health Information Technology/Coding & Reimbursement Specialist profession, our faculty, and how to use Blackboard.
You will receive an e-mail which will include login information required to access the orientation course in Blackboard.
The $100 fee for this orientation is part of your billed expenses.
For further information, contact Tracy Locke, assistant professor, by e-mail LockeTF@alfredstate.edu or Annette Burdett, secretary, by phone (607) 587-3672 in the Physical and Health Sciences Department .
Note: All other online programs are exempt from orientation participation.