A minor in history will increase the student’s knowledge and appreciation of history. This is open to all majors on campus at the bachelor's degree level. The minor is comprised of existing courses. The minor is housed in the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences and departmental faculty will coordinate the program and advise students in the minor.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Student will be able to analyze primary and secondary sources.
- Student will be able to compare and contrast different historical eras.
- Student will be able to compare and contrast different regions of the world.
||Any three lower level history electives
||Any two upper level history electives
||Total Number of Credit Hours
- HIST 1113 Western Civil
- HIST 3003 World History
- HIST 1123 History of the Mafia
- HIST 1143 Survey of American History I
- HIST 2153 Survey of American History II
- HIST 1223 Contemporary Italian History
- HIST 1333 Mediterranean Culture and History
- Additional courses may be approved by department
- HIST 5003 World History II
- HIST 5113 Africa and the West
- HIST 6133 The World at War 20th Century